- Why Kara calls herself an “accidental entrepreneur.”
- How to stay close to customer needs as your business grows.
- Kara’s new book, Undaunted, and what she hopes aspiring entrepreneurs and leaders will take from it.
- Building a profitable growth company while still maintaining integrity.
- Social media is a constant way to gain insight from your consumers, far better than any focus group. Stay active, stay connected, use it as a communication tool with your client. There is power in being an individual on social media.
- When employees are happy and feel like you support them, then they become better employees and deliver a better customer experience, every time.
- Be a leader, not a follower. Just because something works for a company in Silicon Valley, doesn’t mean that it is what your employees need. Show up for them and for what they need.
“I call myself an accidental entrepreneur because I didn’t say, ‘One day, I want to start a beverage company.’ For me, it was personal.” — Kara Goldin
About Kara Goldin: Kara Goldin is the Founder and CEO of Hint, Inc., best known for its award-winning Hint® water, the leading unsweetened flavored water. She has received numerous accolades, including being named EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2017 Northern California, one of InStyle’s 2019 Badass 50, Fast Company’s Most Creative People in Business, WWD Beauty Inc.’s Feel Good Force, and Fortune’s Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs. The Huffington Post listed her as one of six disruptors in business, alongside Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg.
Previously, Kara was VP of Shopping and Ecommerce at America Online where she helped lead the growth of its shopping and e-commerce business to over $1 billion in revenue.
Kara is the author of UNDAUNTED: Overcoming Doubts and Doubters. She is an active speaker & writer and hosts the podcast Unstoppable with Kara Goldin where she interviews founders, entrepreneurs, and other disruptors across various industries.
Kara lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her family.
Connect with Kara Goldin:
Show: Unstoppable with Kara Goldin – karagoldin.com/podcast
Connect with Maria:
Get the podcast and book: TheEmpathyEdge.com
Learn more about Maria’s brand strategy work and books: Red-Slice.com
Download a free guide: The 5 Business Benefits of Empathy: http://red-slice.com/business-benefits-empathy
Hire Maria to speak at your next event: Red-Slice.com/Speaker-Maria-Ross
LinkedIn: Maria Ross
Facebook: Red Slice