- What mindfulness is, how it fits into your busy life, and why it matters.
- The link between mindfulness and empathy.
- Practical skills you can use to practice presence.
- Why there is a strong correlation between teams and leaders that operate with mindfulness and how they perform, innovate, and collaborate.
- One of the benefits of mindfulness is that it brings a level of awareness to the world around you. Without that awareness, you can’t take action and you can’t do anything about it. You cannot choose to shift your attention if you don’t know your attention is being pulled away.
- We can get so rigid with how to do mindfulness correctly, but you know what the best way to do it is for you. If you don’t know, try some things out and see what practicing presence means for you.
- We, as people, are always feeding off of each other – it’s the mirror neurons, an unconscious process. Mindfulness and being present gives us choice and agency to choose to respond rather than having an automatic reaction.
“Presence is an experience. It’s a feeling in your body and is about going into your body, because the only thing really reliable in this world, especially right now, is the information we’re getting from our system.” — Renee Metty
About Renee Metty, Mindfulness Expert and Founder of With Pause: With 20 plus years of experience working with individuals, teams, and organizations in high-pressure situations, Renee is skillful at facilitating change with ease and making the seemingly impossible possible. She is a mindfulness expert and the founder of With Pause, where she helps individuals, entrepreneurs, and teams embrace mindfulness for better performance. She founded a mindfulness-based preschool in West Seattle in 2010 and has since transitioned to working with individuals, teams, and organizations as an Executive Coach, Leadership Development Consultant and Facilitator using mindfulness as the lens. She began her corporate journey after graduating with a BS in Business Administration in several Fortune 100 companies. Renee has a Master’s in Early Childhood Education and a Master’s in Special Education. Currently, she is a Ph.D. Candidate studying Business Psychology interested in the impact mindfulness can have on leadership and organizational effectiveness. She’s developed a three-phase protocol and incorporates a variety of tools and strategies to support leaders looking to deal with overwhelm and uncertainty while helping them gain clarity and a path to action.
Connect with Renee Metty:
Connect with Maria:
Get the podcast and book: TheEmpathyEdge.com
Learn more about Maria’s brand strategy work and books: Red-Slice.com
Download a free guide: The 5 Business Benefits of Empathy: http://red-slice.com/business-benefits-empathy
Hire Maria to speak at your next event: Red-Slice.com/Speaker-Maria-Ross
LinkedIn: Maria Ross
Facebook: Red Slice