- Technology for a purpose, not just for technology’s sake.
- Why data tells a story and this requires empathy
- Excellent models of leadership with bottom-line success through empathy.
- Habits and tips to maintain an empathetic mindset.
- Data is more than being cold, hard, and analytical. What you’re really trying to do is get this data to tell a story and get it to provide a perspective. The stories and the insights that you get out of it are really where the magic happens.
- Being able to start from common ground and build back up is where you’re able to really pull that empathy out
- It exponentially helps you be more successful when you are empathetic and compassionate and get to know people on a real level, and then you can be as ambitious and competitive as you want to be as a result.
“We need to just say ‘hi’ and get to know people and for them to feel like you’re a real person as well as their leader…the empathy, that connection, leads to some of the greatest outcomes.” — Steve Hartman
About Steve Hartman: Steve Hartman is an investor and advisor, and a seasoned executive with a unique mix of extensive experience across eCommerce, marketing, analytics, and technology. He is an inspirational leader with a long track record of success in building and inspiring strong global teams and cultures, driving transformational organizational change, and delivering outstanding business results.
Steve has a broad range of industry experience across omni-channel retail, technology, storage, and financial services. Most recently he was the President and Chief Growth Officer of Windsor Fashions, a women’s specialty retailer with over 190 stores in the US. Formerly, he was CMO & SVP Ecommerce at Eddie Bauer, Managing Director of Ecommerce and Marketing at Urban Outfitters, SVP of Marketing at CubeSmart, and the Senior Director of eBay Partner Network. He has a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University and dual MBAs from Columbia University and Haas School of Business at UC Berkeley.
Connect with Steve:
Steve’s LinkedIn: Steve Hartman
Steve’s Instagram: @shartman32
Keep It Local Seattle: KeepItLocalSeattle.org
Keep It Local Seattle on Instagram: @keepitlocalseattle
Connect with Maria:
Get the podcast and book: TheEmpathyEdge.com
Buy The Empathy Edge on Amazon! www.bit.ly/empathyedge
Learn more about Maria’s brand strategy work and books: Red-Slice.com
Hire Maria to speak at your next event: Red-Slice.com/Speaker-Maria-Ross
LinkedIn: Maria Ross
Facebook: Red Slice